Character Creation Guidelines
- Players are encouraged to pick from the base races found in the Players Handbook, but most of the races from the ARG are available as well (after being cleared with me). If you wish to make a Custom Race based on the rules in the ARG that is fine, but you are limited to 12 RP on creation and it must be cleared by me before it is finalized.
- Any Race worth more than 12 RP must be cleared with me first
- Suli must take the Energy Strike Alternate Racial Trait.
- Medium to High Magic. The power of the Elements is strong on this island, so elemental magic and creatures are fairly commonplace close to the elemental sites.
- Rare materials such as mithril exist but are well… rare
- War machines such as balistae and catapults exist
- Guns do exist, but are not very common place.
- Follow the Rules of “Emerging Guns” here
- Steam Power is relatively new, so it is not commonplace yet.
- “Standard” beasts / Monsters from Paizo plus some custom sprinkled in
Starting Level: 1
Start out with max gold for your class.
Each level gain max HP for your class. (This also applies to animal compantions, eidolons, etc…)
- 25 Points
- Hard Max on 16 for stat purchase before racial modifiers
- Maximum of one stat at 8-9 all others must be 10 or higher.
- Goal is to have well balanced characters that are not min -maxed / gimmicky.
- GM to approve all sheets before finalization
- No “Story” feats from Ultimate Campaign
- All players may start with a third bonus trait from the traits listed below. I only ask that you pick a trait that matches your character concept/backstory, not a trait to fill a weakness in your character. I reserve the right to remove/alter the trait if I deem it necessary.
- Air-Touched: You gain DR 1/— against creatures and attacks with the air type
- Earth-Touched: You gain DR 1/— against creatures and attacks with the earth type
- Flame-Touched: You gain DR 1/— against creatures and attacks with the fire type
- Water-Touched: You gain DR 1/— against creatures and attacks with the water type
- Light-Touched: You gain DR 1/— against creatures with the good type and attacks that deal positive energy damage.
- Shadow-Touched: You gain DR 1/— against creatures with the evil type and attacks that deal negative energy damage.
- Classes Playable
- Archer Archetype can apply to Bows, Crossbows, and Firearms, but Rapid Reload is required for crossbows and firearms to use of the Volley Ability
- Others on request/review
- Restricted Classes/Archetypes:
- Only the base Summoner class is allowed (if you want a summoner archetype, please talk with me and consider the Unchained Summoner). Summoners are still uncommon/rare on this island. Most summons seen are from arcane spells.